Sunday, April 8, 2018

Time is the Fire We Each Burn in!

I lie in imagery
Your living room
Box-like furniture in a boxlike room
In a box-like house on a box-like world

BUT THE WORLD IS ROUND!

We shelve these ideas, because...
...it burns...
We burn with the fire of Life
In all our sands of time
we did not start the fire

And so to soar in a world that comes round
To fly free and feel worlds beneath feet
!This could not be uS! with wind in feather
But there's the valley, there's the highway
There's the trees and the street and streetlight gleaming
We lift our wing to the future everyday
Everyway we make it happen
Because we are free



And the oxygen feeds our flame
Slowly feeding us what we want
To consume our soul, until done
We want every ounce, every pound
To Burn! To Burn! Live! Live!

While we may breath, and bread, and breed, and bean
Life's narrow hallowed living

I feel humbled we are so straightforward
Our words like forklift, or picture, or flashlight
And my poems sooo abstract
I think if I imagined more than conversation
I'd be here with you, saying be kind, sweetie.
Above all else, be kind, love.
And then go back to painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment