Thursday, December 6, 2018

Digital Pizza in the Stone Age

My Digital Pizza
Comes out the Oven
I press it and make pieces
To share and edify

It's no thing but it's expensive
But in the land of Billionaires
It's cheap if not free
And I like the taste of them
So I keep doing my pizzaria

Some of the regulars
Buy my merchandise
Some of which I like
But could never afford
Because of the awesomeness

I'm searching for the lost painting
The lost song
The lost poem
What if I searched the whole world over
And never looked inside of me for it?
It would be like that guy looking for an honest man
Never realizing he could be what he needed to find.
That's why I make

And my pizza is kind
I think it helps calm in this crazy mixed up time
I think painting or poetry calms me
Like sharing a smile with someone makes me happy.
Like angry music can annoy
Like fantasy can help me escape four walls
And travel the world without a dime in my pocket.

Certainly I do all the work of six men
But I still have to wear seven hats to make ends meet.
So, I'm a misfit, a dreamer, a poet, a painter, a woodsman, a butler, a cook
But a vow of poverty won't pay for freedom.
That's why I try to sell stuff!!!
And that's partially why I have inexpensive hobbies
While trying to run the pizzaria.

No comments:

Post a Comment