Sunday, April 2, 2017

Twelve

Prompt from Elizabeth Alford- PSH

"A child can ask questions that a wise man can't answer" - unknown

Why don't you play?  Why do you die?
Can't you stand up and say, "I am strong!"
I got up today and I was tired.
But then I was hungry, so I had cereal.
There's no school today, so I'm at home.
There's no school anymore.  I'm so bored.
What do you want to do for fun?  Let's do it.

All my friends have to work today.
All I have to do is go to school.
It's so boring, my teacher wants me to be somebody.
I'm like why?  Is it fun?
She's like no, "but you get to tell people what to do!"
I asked her, "is your name really Carol?
Like my step-mom's!!!"

Then my teacher took out a dollar bill.
She said, "With this you get to tell people."
"And the more people you tell what to do,"
"The more of it you give away to them."
So I gave my Dad a hundred dollars and told him,
"I'm staying up all night watching Netflix!"
I'm going to be grounded forever for taking it from his wallet.

I was grounded.
My room has a television set,
So I watched all night on Netflix, and watched all night anyway, with headphones.
I have to stay inside until the snow melts, and flowers spring.
I'm so bored.  Why don't you want to play?
Why do you die, slowly?
Can't we stand up and say, "I want to Play!!"
And we can dance awhile on the devil's grave...
And we can all be young, at least it's Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment